Real estate in Red Lodge is a great alternative if you’re looking for a different Montana experience than what Bozeman has to offer.
Why You Should Consider Real Estate in Red Lodge
- Home prices are lower: The median price is $395,000 and the average price is $495,773. In Bozeman for the same period of time, median price has risen 10.7% to $465,000 and average price has risen 14.3% to $577,000.
- Great location: It’s 60 miles from Billings and 146 miles from Bozeman. Red Lodge is also close to Yellowstone National Park via the Beartooth Pass, one of the most scenic drives in the country.
- Scenic, open spaces: Red Lodge is nestled in the Beartooth Mountains and surrounded by the Custer Gallatin National Forest. This is some of the most breathtaking scenery in Montana and a great place to work remotely.
- Small population: If you’re lookin for quiet, stress-free living, Red Lodge has it. There are about 2,300 residents and the town is served by three public schools (elementary, middle and high school).
- Thriving Art scene: Many artists live in the area and show and sell their art in nearby shops. Check out The Depot in downtown Red Lodge and the Tippet Rise https://tippetrise.org/. https://carboncountydepotgallery.org/.
- Outdoor recreation center: You’re close to Cooke City. This little stop-off town is the ultimate outdoor playground for snowmobilers, outdoor enthusiasts and pro skiers. Check out Red Lodge Mountain for skiing. https://www.redlodgemountain.com/
- Surprisingly good food scene: Main Street is packed with great places to eat and hang out. A surprising standout this last summer was at the Ox Pasture, a farm-to-table restaurant that hosted a seasonal pop-up restaurant, Piccola Cucina, by acclaimed Italian chef Philip Guardione. Check out Wildflower Kitchen in nearby Fishtail for a great and scenic country meal. https://www.mtwildflowerkitchen.com/
- I talked about some reasons why I love Montana in this post. If you’d like to know more about Red Lodge or Bozeman, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (Photos courtesy Red Lodge Montana Facebook)